Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Populate cell is another cell is populated

I need to populate a cell if another cell is populated. In other words, if
A2 or B2 or C2 are not null, then put "Orange" in cell D2.

Then if Cell D2 is populated and cell E2 is not populated, then I want to
put "Please enter a color" in cell F2 and highlight cell E2 in red.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

in D2 enter: =IF(A2&B2&C2<"","Orange","")
in F2 enter: =IF(AND(D2<"",E2=""),"Please enter a color","")
set conditional format for E2 to Formula: =$E$2="" and set pattern color.

"jhicsupt" wrote:

I need to populate a cell if another cell is populated. In other words, if
A2 or B2 or C2 are not null, then put "Orange" in cell D2.

Then if Cell D2 is populated and cell E2 is not populated, then I want to
put "Please enter a color" in cell F2 and highlight cell E2 in red.

Thanks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this in D2:

=IF(AND(A2="",B2="",C2=""),"","Orange")

NOW ... what happens if D2 *AND* E2 is populated?
What happens if D2 is null and E2 is populated?

RD