bbmerc

Default Check to see if a cell is populated

I know this is very easy I just can't think right now. How do I check if
a cell is populated and enter one specific string if it is. Ex:

|A ___________|B_______________|
|____________|_________________|
|Example Data | EBCDIC__________|
|No Data Here | This would be blank |

Sorry bout the example being crude but I think it works. I need column
B to populate with "EBCDIC" when there is data entered into column A.
Thnx for any input.

--
bbmerc
bbmerc's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=26455

Blue Hornet

=IF( ISBLANK( A2), "A2 is blank", "A2 is not blank")

Chris