Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Index heading when cell is populated

Hi all TIA, I must be having a lapse this morning...

I have an array of headings with either a "P" (primary) or "B" (Backup) that
fall under eight headings. Each row usually has a P and B in two cells. What
I'd like to report in another cell is when P is in a column I would like to
report that column heading. Same formula for the cell that will be reporting
B. I thought about an IF w/ nested IFs for each heading but that seems too
messy.

Cheers,

Kevin M.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions