Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default When opening a workbook, need to ensure user opens in a certain ce

When opening the workbook, I want the next person to open in a particular
cell in a certain sheet. Not where the last person saved the workbook. I
need to do something on the opening of the workbook, but cannot think. Please
help
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Try this

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
Worksheets("Sheet1").Select '<-----Edit as required
Cells(1, 1).Select '<-----Edit as required
End Sub

Mike

"Gover" wrote:

When opening the workbook, I want the next person to open in a particular
cell in a certain sheet. Not where the last person saved the workbook. I
need to do something on the opening of the workbook, but cannot think. Please
help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default When opening a workbook, need to ensure user opens in a certai

hmm, sorry but I've tried this but have no idea. Went into the View Code on
the tab. copied your bit. Lets say I want them to go to sheet 1 cell a1.
How would I change what you've written.

"Gover" wrote:

When opening the workbook, I want the next person to open in a particular
cell in a certain sheet. Not where the last person saved the workbook. I
need to do something on the opening of the workbook, but cannot think. Please
help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok,

With your workbook open hit ALT+F11 to open the VB editor.
Double click 'This Workbook' on the left side.
On the righthand side there are 2 dropdowns.
In the left one select 'workbook'
In the right one select open.
Paste this in between the Sub() End sub

Worksheets("Sheet1").Select '<-----Edit as required
Cells(1, 1).Select '<-----Edit as required

Click File Close and return to close the VB editor and don't forget to save.
The code will then execute whenever the workbook is opened.

Mike