kp5689

Default How do I insert a message when a user opens my Excel workbook?

Norman Jones

Hi KP,

Try: something like:
'================
Private Sub Workbook_Open()
MsgBox "Hello from KP!"
End Sub
'================

This is workbook event code and should be pasted into the workbook's
ThisWorkbook module *not* a standard module or a sheet module):

Right-click the Excel icon on the worksheet
(or the icon to the left of the File menu if your workbook is maximised)

Select 'View Code' from the menu and paste the code.

Alt-F11 to return to Excel.

If you are not familiar with macros, you may wish to visit David McRitchie's
'Getting Started With Macros And User Defined Functions' at:

---
Regards,
Norman