Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default option bottom series

How is it possible in Excel 2002 two or more option bottom series. I mean to
have two or more option bottoms selected at the same time, because they
define different variables and they are connected to different boxes. If I
join two bottoms in one group, and I try to add another one, I don' t get an
independent control. If I select it, the previous ones are deselected, and
when I select one of the previous, it is not possible to select the latest
added.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Put the option buttons inside a frame control -- only those inside the frame
will be linked to the same cell. 2nd frame gives you a 2nd linked cell. No
frames at all is another linked cell. Example: 3 option buttons not inside a
frame all share linked cell#1. 3 more option buttons inside a frame will
share linked cell#2, independent from first group, etc.
Bob Umlas
Excel MVP

"ilver belletti" wrote:

How is it possible in Excel 2002 two or more option bottom series. I mean to
have two or more option bottoms selected at the same time, because they
define different variables and they are connected to different boxes. If I
join two bottoms in one group, and I try to add another one, I don' t get an
independent control. If I select it, the previous ones are deselected, and
when I select one of the previous, it is not possible to select the latest
added.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bob's answer is for optionbuttons from the Forms toolbar.

If you're using optionbuttons from the control toolbox toolbar, then each
optionbutton has a groupname property. Each group of optionbuttons have to have
a unique name.

(They default to the sheet name if you don't do anything special--so they're all
"connected".)

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have verified that aftter you defined the first group, and you load other
option bottoms in the worksheet, before to define the new control, you must
introduce the selection in one of the new bottoms, in this way the new series
is independent from the old one.
Best Regards
Ilver Belletti