Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Consolidate Data & Text

In worksheet1 I have
Last First Month
Doe John Sept
smith Jan Oct

In worksheet2 I have
Last First Date Year
Doe John 7 1912
smith Jan 3 1953

I want to consolidate this into one worksheet like this
Last First Month Date Year
Doe John Sept 7 1912
Jones Amy Oct 3 1953

but when I use the consolidate function (sum function) I get this
Last First Month Date Year
7 1912
3 1953

My text fields are empty. What am I missing? Should I be using a different
feature of excel to combine this data?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The easiest way that I can think of doing this is copying the column that has
the months in it and paste it in the other. This will work as long as the
information is organized in the exact same way ei sort by last, first and
year on each sheet before you copy and paste.

--
:)

"Enrique" wrote:

In worksheet1 I have
Last First Month
Doe John Sept
smith Jan Oct

In worksheet2 I have
Last First Date Year
Doe John 7 1912
smith Jan 3 1953

I want to consolidate this into one worksheet like this
Last First Month Date Year
Doe John Sept 7 1912
Jones Amy Oct 3 1953

but when I use the consolidate function (sum function) I get this
Last First Month Date Year
7 1912
3 1953

My text fields are empty. What am I missing? Should I be using a different
feature of excel to combine this data?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Just check whether the "Troubleshoot data consolidation of multiple
worksheets" in the on-line help is of any assistance to you.

Challa Prabhu