Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to Print Exactly the Spreadsheet?

Hello,

Someone sent me a spreadsheet and when I print it it leaves big white
space on some sides, and runs off the page on other sides. Of course,
it should use up the blank space and not disappear off the edge. I
set the margis to zero but it doesn't seem to understand what zero
means.

How do I make it just print the spreadsheet? It would fit if it
wouldn't mess the margins up.

C-B

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

C-B,

In File - Page setup, ensure that the paper size matches the paper you're using in the
printer. Then in Print Preview, click the Margins button, then drag the margins, if
necessary, to where you want them. You can also change column widths while you're in
there -- just drag them.

Usually setting the margins to zero causes trouble. Print drivers will complain that it's
going to print too close to the edge of the paper, etc. I think many printers allow a
minimum of about of 1/4" of margin space.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

Note: Some folks prefer bottom-posting. But if you bottom-post to a reply that's already
top-posted, the thread gets messy. When in Rome.

"PHPBABY3" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

Someone sent me a spreadsheet and when I print it it leaves big white
space on some sides, and runs off the page on other sides. Of course,
it should use up the blank space and not disappear off the edge. I
set the margis to zero but it doesn't seem to understand what zero
means.

How do I make it just print the spreadsheet? It would fit if it
wouldn't mess the margins up.

C-B

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Check for the following:

1. Check the Print area.
2. Cancel the Print area and set the print area.
3. Check whether Custom View is used for printing. If Custom View is used
follow the procedure as illustrated below:

Print using Custom View.

Do the following:

1. Select a range of cells.
2. On the View menu, click Custom Views.
3. In the Views box, click the name of the view
to a
workbook. You can create more than one view of the same workbook without
saving separate copies of the workbook.) you want to print.
4. Click Show.
The range of cells will be shown as selected
5. Click Print.
6. Under Print What, click Selection
7. Click OK.

Note: You craete as many Custom View as possible, and print only those
views. Most important thing is you must select the range and during print you
must select Selection option. You can chage the Page sige before printing.

4. On the File menu, click Print Preview.
5. Click the Margins button and adjust the handles, and then click the Close
button to return to the Excel sheet. Now click the Print command under the
File menu.

Challa Prabhu