Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Vista Problem messing up how Excel Displays?

I have an interesting problem. I have loaded MS Office 2003 on a new
computer with Vista on it. When I view Excel spreadsheets the lines
and the lower part of the spreadsheet does not appear. If there is
highlighting in cells, then that is the only part of the contents that
appear. When you move the cursor over the cells and select them, the
contents, borders, everything amazingly appears and is there. I have
tried different display settings on my computer, minimizing and
restoring, etc. No change.
I do a lot of work with spread sheets so this is a real problem. I
have reinstalled Office and still the same thing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't have that problem with Vista and any Excel version so I think this
is a video issue rather than an Excel issue. I'd try a different video
driver. If you're using the one supplied by Windows you might see if your
video board manufacturer has a driver updated to work with Vista.

--
Jim
wrote in message
oups.com...
|I have an interesting problem. I have loaded MS Office 2003 on a new
| computer with Vista on it. When I view Excel spreadsheets the lines
| and the lower part of the spreadsheet does not appear. If there is
| highlighting in cells, then that is the only part of the contents that
| appear. When you move the cursor over the cells and select them, the
| contents, borders, everything amazingly appears and is there. I have
| tried different display settings on my computer, minimizing and
| restoring, etc. No change.
| I do a lot of work with spread sheets so this is a real problem. I
| have reinstalled Office and still the same thing.
| Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm curious (since I haven't seen the issue either) - what do you mean by "
lower part of the spreadsheet"?

I'm thinking that possibly where you are seeing lines on part of the sheet
you have cell borders drawn and what you are not seeing are the gridlines,
which may be turned off. Look in Tools | Options | [View] and see whether or
not Gridlines is checked or not, if not, check the box to turn gridline
display back on.

" wrote:

I have an interesting problem. I have loaded MS Office 2003 on a new
computer with Vista on it. When I view Excel spreadsheets the lines
and the lower part of the spreadsheet does not appear. If there is
highlighting in cells, then that is the only part of the contents that
appear. When you move the cursor over the cells and select them, the
contents, borders, everything amazingly appears and is there. I have
tried different display settings on my computer, minimizing and
restoring, etc. No change.
I do a lot of work with spread sheets so this is a real problem. I
have reinstalled Office and still the same thing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

On Apr 4, 4:05 am, "Jim Rech" wrote:
I don't have that problem with Vista and any Excel version so I think this
is a video issue rather than an Excel issue. I'd try a different video
driver. If you're using the one supplied by Windows you might see if your
video board manufacturer has a driver updated to work with Vista.

--
wrote in message

Thanks for the responce, I will try looking at the driver.

oups.com...
|I have an interesting problem. I have loaded MS Office 2003 on a new
| computer with Vista on it. When I view Excel spreadsheets the lines
| and the lower part of the spreadsheet does not appear. If there is
| highlighting in cells, then that is the only part of the contents that
| appear. When you move the cursor over the cells and select them, the
| contents, borders, everything amazingly appears and is there. I have
| tried different display settings on my computer, minimizing and
| restoring, etc. No change.
| I do a lot of work with spread sheets so this is a real problem. I
| have reinstalled Office and still the same thing.
| Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc