Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default using a value from a list in an IF formula

Im trying to use a value(which is a word ,not a number) in an IF formula but
its not working
Ex: =IF(C17="TRANSFER",C18*0.005,0)
TRANSFER is in a dropdown as part of a list.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have a dropdown list in the cell above which requires more space to fit the
entire word in and I have the cell with "TRANSFER" aligned to the right of
the cell. I have tried to change the alignment to the left and the center
with no results. In the dropdown list itself the choices are aligned to the
left, so there are spaces after the text.