Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
johnnyz197034 johnnyz197034 is offline

Default using a value from a list in an IF formula

I have a dropdown list in the cell above which requires more space to fit the
entire word in and I have the cell with "TRANSFER" aligned to the right of
the cell. I have tried to change the alignment to the left and the center
with no results. In the dropdown list itself the choices are aligned to the
left, so there are spaces after the text.

"Dave F" wrote:

He means: are there spaces either before or after the text in the drop down
list?

Dave

"johnnyz197034" wrote:

Im not sure what that means. Can u ellaborate for me please?

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Are you sure there are no leading/trailing spaces in that list?

--
HTH

Bob

"johnnyz197034" wrote in message
Im trying to use a value(which is a word ,not a number) in an IF formula
but
its not working
Ex: =IF(C17="TRANSFER",C18*0.005,0)
TRANSFER is in a dropdown as part of a list.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!