Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Excel 2007 VBA

"Nick Hodge" wrote

I would say, from my testing yes. To be honest, I've always done that
unprotect, change, protect as these were not available pre XP.

Thanks Nick. I think I can workaround. I put ActiveSheet.Unprotect at the
top of the userform that controls the VBA. I just need to find a way to put
ActiveSheet.Protect in automatically when the userform exits. If you have
any ideas....

Thanks for your advise

TP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Teepee

How about the UserForm_Deactivate() event?

Private Sub UserForm_Deactivate()
ActiveSheet.Protect

HTH
Nick Hodge
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Southampton, England
DTHIS
web:
www.nickhodge.co.uk
blog: www.nickhodge.co.uk/blog/

FREE UK OFFICE USER GROUP MEETING, MS READING, 27th APRIL 2007
www.officeusergroup.co.uk

"teepee" wrote in message

"Nick Hodge" wrote

I would say, from my testing yes. To be honest, I've always done that
unprotect, change, protect as these were not available pre XP.

Thanks Nick. I think I can workaround. I put ActiveSheet.Unprotect at the
top of the userform that controls the VBA. I just need to find a way to
put
ActiveSheet.Protect in automatically when the userform exits. If you have
any ideas....

Thanks for your advise

TP

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Nick Hodge" wrote

How about the UserForm_Deactivate() event?

Private Sub UserForm_Deactivate()
ActiveSheet.Protect
End Sub

And my final dumb question - why does this subcommand not work. Presumably
it goes inside the userform?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Correct

Thinking about it you should reference the sheet explicitly as it may ne be
active

Worksheets("Sheet1").Protect

--
HTH
Nick Hodge
Microsoft MVP - Excel
Southampton, England
DTHIS
web:
www.nickhodge.co.uk
blog: www.nickhodge.co.uk/blog/

FREE UK OFFICE USER GROUP MEETING, MS READING, 27th APRIL 2007
www.officeusergroup.co.uk

"teepee" wrote in message

"Nick Hodge" wrote

How about the UserForm_Deactivate() event?

Private Sub UserForm_Deactivate()
ActiveSheet.Protect
End Sub

And my final dumb question - why does this subcommand not work. Presumably
it goes inside the userform?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Thanks for all your help Nick.

I've got it more or less up and running in 2007 now, albiet with some of the
functionality missing - but good enough until Microsoft gets round to
sorting out the compatability issues - if they ever do.