Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Protect sheet Excel 2007

When I protect a sheet in Excel 2007 I can't then allow users to edit
objects. Am I doing something wrong? Works fine in 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

With the sheet unprotected, right click the edge of the shape and select
"Size and Properties". On the Properties tab uncheck "Locked".

--
Jim
"teepee" wrote in message
When I protect a sheet in Excel 2007 I can't then allow users to edit
objects. Am I doing something wrong? Works fine in 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Jim Rech" wrote in message
With the sheet unprotected, right click the edge of the shape and select
"Size and Properties". On the Properties tab uncheck "Locked".

I can't get that option up. The object in question is a graph by the way.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Jim Rech" wrote in message
With the sheet unprotected, right click the edge of the shape and select
"Size and Properties". On the Properties tab uncheck "Locked".

OK found it and did that. Made no difference.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

Teepee

How about Review TabChanges GroupAllow Users to Edit Ranges. In the
resulting dialog, click on Protect Sheet... and check Edit Objects

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

FREE UK OFFICE USER GROUP MEETING, MS READING, 27th APRIL 2007
www.officeusergroup.co.uk

"teepee" wrote in message
When I protect a sheet in Excel 2007 I can't then allow users to edit
objects. Am I doing something wrong? Works fine in 2003

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Nick Hodge" wrote

How about Review TabChanges GroupAllow Users to Edit Ranges. In the
resulting dialog, click on Protect Sheet... and check Edit Objects

Nope same problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

teepee

You seem to have broken up the thread, you issue appears to be with VBA. See
my answer in other thread, In the UI this feature still works. At least if
my understanding and testing are in line with yours

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

FREE UK OFFICE USER GROUP MEETING, MS READING, 27th APRIL 2007
www.officeusergroup.co.uk

"teepee" wrote in message

"Nick Hodge" wrote

How about Review TabChanges GroupAllow Users to Edit Ranges. In the
resulting dialog, click on Protect Sheet... and check Edit Objects

Nope same problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.programming

"Nick Hodge" wrote

You seem to have broken up the thread, you issue appears to be with VBA. See
my answer in other thread, In the UI this feature still works. At least if
my understanding and testing are in line with yours

Apologies - I'll stick to this thread. Yes it is the VBA function that
doesn't work. I hadn't realised it was still working on the UI so I didn't
mention that.