Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I protect individual cells in Excel and not whole sheet?

I need to protect individual cells on an Excel worksheet but not the whole
sheet. How can I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Max Max is offline

"Angus" wrote:
I need to protect individual cells on an Excel worksheet but not the whole
sheet. How can I do this?

Try this sequence:

Press Ctrl + A to select the entire sheet
Click Format Cells Protection tab
Uncheck "Locked"
Click OK

(By default all cells are set to locked)

Then hold down CTRL & select the cells you want to protect
Click Format Cells Protection tab
Check "Locked"
Click OK

Now, after you effect sheet protection via:
Clicking Tools Protect Protect Sheet passwrd? (optional) OK
the selected cells would be the only souls protected

Test it out ..
--
Max
Singapore
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

FormatCellProtection: uncheck "Locked"

HTH
--
AP

"Angus" a écrit dans le message de news:
I need to protect individual cells on an Excel worksheet but not the whole
sheet. How can I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You need to lock the cells you want to protect and leave the other cells
unlocked then protect the sheet. To do this either use the 'padlock' button
on your toolbar or select the cells you want locked and then format cells and
from the protection tab check the 'locked' box. - Make sure all other cells
are unlocked. Then select tools protection and protect the sheet.