Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Open Excel not in a browser

Hi I have an excel workbook that I post on the intranet at work, I need it to
open in excel, however if you click on the hyper-link the file opens in
internet explorer and does not work correctly (due to macros)

Is there a way so that I can create the hyper-link to direct the file to
open in Excel and not in internet explorer?

Right clicking and choosing save las... is not an option.

Any help would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'd do my best to not let MSIE open the file:

How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office
Documents in the Appropriate Office Program Instead of in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=162059

--

Dave Peterson