Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Open Excel not in a browser

I'd do my best to not let MSIE open the file:

How to Configure Internet Explorer to Open Office
Documents in the Appropriate Office Program Instead of in Internet Explorer
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=162059

JS82 wrote:

Hi I have an excel workbook that I post on the intranet at work, I need it to
open in excel, however if you click on the hyper-link the file opens in
internet explorer and does not work correctly (due to macros)

Is there a way so that I can create the hyper-link to direct the file to
open in Excel and not in internet explorer?

Right clicking and choosing save las... is not an option.

Any help would be appreciated.

--

Dave Peterson