Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Contents of range to move daily

I need for a range to move down the column 30 cells automatically at the
beginning of every day. Is that possible?
--
David P.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

try this idea to check the date in a1 and insert days required to bring up
to date & change date stored in a1

Sub insert30rows()
If Date < Range("a1") Then
x = (Date - Range("a1")) * 30
Rows("9:" & 8 + x).Insert
Range("a1") = Date

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"David P." wrote in message
I need for a range to move down the column 30 cells automatically at the
beginning of every day. Is that possible?
--
David P.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do I put today's date in A1?
What cell would this example referencing to copy and / or move?
My other question is, this macro won't be inserting rows will it?
Thank you for your assistance.

David P.

"David P." wrote in message
I need for a range to move down the column 30 cells automatically at the
beginning of every day. Is that possible?
--
David P.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Don,

I tried the example but nothing appears to happen. Do I need to customize it
in any way. Currently I have the date in A1 and some text in A2:B:2 that
would move to A32:B32 for example.

--
David P.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Sub godown30rows()
If Date < Range("a1") Then
x = (Date - Range("a1")) * 30
'Rows("9:" & 8 + x).Insert
Cells(1 + x, "a").Select
Range("a1") = Date

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"David P." wrote in message
I need for a range to move down the column 30 cells automatically at the
beginning of every day. Is that possible?
--
David P.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Did you give up on me?
--
David P.

"David P." wrote:

Sorry, move down in the sense that the contents of A2:B2 would copy or move
to A32:B32 for example but not insert rows. Thanks.
--
David P.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Yes, at the start, put the date in a1..
I understood "move down the column" to insert rows.

What, EXACTLY to you want?

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"David P." wrote in message
I need for a range to move down the column 30 cells automatically at the
beginning of every day. Is that possible?
--
David P.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It would be move A2:B2 to A32:B32 the next day. Thank you for your patience
on this.

David P.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

OK. Which is it, copy or move???
AND, is that 30 c/m a2:b2 to
a32:b32 tomorrow
where the next day??

Always nice to fully explain what you want the FIRST time. Saves everyone a
lot of "tooth pulling" and mind reading.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"David P." wrote in message
I need for a range to move down the column 30 cells automatically at
the
beginning of every day. Is that possible?
--
David P.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sub copydn30rows()
If Date < Range("a1") Then
Range("a2:b2").Copy Range("a32")
'or
'Range("a2:b2").Cut Range("a32")
Range("a1") = Date

Don Guillett
SalesAid Software

"David P." wrote in message
I need for a range to move down the column 30 cells automatically
at
the
beginning of every day. Is that possible?
--
David P.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you Don. I played with it by changing the date in A1 so now I see what
it does.

I reallize how now critical it is to tell you what I am trying to do from
the get go. Hopefully I haven't exhasted my tries. Here is what I should have
told you in the beginning:

I have a cell that says "Today" that needs to be moved everyday exactly 30
cells down in the same column. For example if "Today" is in cell A1, on the
following day I need to delete it from A1 and move it to A31 and the next day
it moves from A31 to A61 etc. I'm guessing that the macro would have to know
how to reference what cell "Today" is in everyday in order to have a point
from which to move it down 30 cells.

Next, where do I put this macro so that it fires by itself? I leave the file
open all the time.

I will be more specific next time. Hope this helps you help me and thank you
again.

-David P.

"Don Guillett" wrote:

Sub copydn30rows()