Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default PACKING ARRANGEMENTS

I have data like:
A = 50
B = 60
C = 80
D = 90
E =30

I want to arrange these in different boxes which can hold:
A =20
B = 20
A + B = 18
A + C = 18

LIKEWISE I WANT TO PLACE THE QUANTITY AUTOMATICALLY IN BOXES

BOX -1; A = 20
BOX -2; A = 20
BOX -3; A = 10 & B = 8
BOX -4; B =20

LIKE THIS:

HELP ME TO SOLVE THE SAME.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How many combinations of parts to boxes are there?

What about D & E? Are A+B and A+C the only combinations involving these parts?

With your sample data, can you provide a complete solution for A to E?