usrofc

Default opening worksheet is "packing list"

Hello: in excel 2000 (wXP) the template "packing list" opens whenever
I open Excel. I also get window messages that excel "cannot access
read-only document 'downloads' and "cannot access 'downloads' ".
Downloads is a folder & I don't know why excel is seeking to open this
on activation. Is there a registry item I can edit out? Options menu
doesn't show "packing list" as a place to open. Nor is "packing list"
in the "recently used items" list. Thanks.

Gord Dibben

Sounds like you have something in your ToolsOptionsGeneral "Alternate
startup file location" or "at start up, open files in".

Delete any path you have in there.

Also check your XLSTART folder for stray files.

You could have more than one XLSTART folder so check all.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP