Ken

Default Lookup, dsum??

I have two columns of data.
1st col. contains names (names can occur several times)
2nd col. contains numbers.

I would like to create a list of those names and total the numbers
associated with those names.
Eg.
___ ____ ___ ____
Jack 10 Result Jack 15

Jill 5 Jill 5
john 3 John 3
Jack 5

Thanks for the help
Ken

Debra Dalgleish

You can use a Pivot Table to summarize the data. There are instructions
in Excel's Help, and Jon Peltier has information and links:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List