-   -   Lookup, dsum?? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/13641-lookup-dsum.html)

Ken

Lookup, dsum??

I have two columns of data.
1st col. contains names (names can occur several times)
2nd col. contains numbers.

I would like to create a list of those names and total the numbers
associated with those names.
Eg.
___ ____ ___ ____
Jack 10 Result Jack 15

Jill 5 Jill 5
john 3 John 3
Jack 5

Thanks for the help
Ken

n.almeida

=SUMIF(A1:A7,D2,B1:B7)
enter on cell D2 a name present on the A1:A7 range

"Ken" wrote:

I have two columns of data.
1st col. contains names (names can occur several times)
2nd col. contains numbers.

I would like to create a list of those names and total the numbers
associated with those names.
Eg.
___ ____ ___ ____
Jack 10 Result Jack 15

Jill 5 Jill 5
john 3 John 3
Jack 5

Thanks for the help
Ken

Debra Dalgleish

You can use a Pivot Table to summarize the data. There are instructions
in Excel's Help, and Jon Peltier has information and links:

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List