Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Publish xls sheets for persons without MS Office/Excel

Hi, I created a registration form in Exel. The sheet must be distributed to
others by email, or via our website. How can I make sure that others can open
the file to fill in the form without having MS Excel, or MS Office installed
on the PC of the other parties?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ronnie

Frankly that will be tough as even the viewer does not allow forms. I fear
you will need to think of another route...maybe a web form

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"Ronnie" wrote in message
Hi, I created a registration form in Exel. The sheet must be distributed
others by email, or via our website. How can I make sure that others can
open
the file to fill in the form without having MS Excel, or MS Office
installed
on the PC of the other parties?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe individual workbooks stored on:
http://docs.google.com/

I'm not sure if everyone should see everyone else's input--so you may want to
make those individual workbooks.

But I'd consider using a simple text "form" instead. It might make it simpler
for the recipients and you could always import them into excel when they're
returned.

Ronnie wrote:

Hi, I created a registration form in Exel. The sheet must be distributed to
others by email, or via our website. How can I make sure that others can open
the file to fill in the form without having MS Excel, or MS Office installed
on the PC of the other parties?

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And Dave, just for completeness

Access 2007 has a great little feature that allows an HTML email to be sent
via Outlook 2007 which as a form collect data and when returned dumps it
directly into the Access table

--
HTH
Nick Hodge