Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Refreshing Excel worksheet with data linked from Access

I have an Excel file with data on it that has been imported using MS Query
from an Access database.

If the database is open and has been edited and saved and not closed, when I
try to refresh the Excel file I get the message:

ODBC Microsoft Access Driver Login Failed

The database has been placed in a state by user 'Admin' on machine
'DKHWKS567' that prevents it from being opened or locked.

And then I am asked to enter a password or cancel.

If I close the Access file or just close the form in Access that was edited
I can now refresh the data in Excel.

Is there a way of Excel always being able to refresh the linked data without
this happening?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It has been my experience, and there my be another answer, that any time I am
working on my Access databases, it effectivly puts that db in a "locked"
state. Meaning, no other users can access that db while I am editing it.

Access views the Excel query as another user trying to access that data that
is locked.

Unfortunatly, that means the answer to your question (as far as I know) is
"no".