Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
mike47338

Default refreshing linked workbooks

In Excel 97, I have cells in workbook A linked to cells in workbook B. With
both workbooks open, is there any way to refresh workbook A so that I get any
new saved data entered in workbook B without closing workbook A and
re-opening it? A hotkey or something like that?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson

If you open both workbooks in the same instance of excel, then you'll see that
behavior. But if you have each workbook open in another instance, then the
changes aren't changes to the receiving workbook until that sending workbook is
saved.

And you can refresh your links via:
Edit|links|Updates values

(After that save, though)