Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Convert date field to month in Pivot table

I have a Table wich has date fileds,
Date Order No. Qty Shipped
01-27-07
03-19-07
03-20-07

How do I go about to create a pivot table that groups this by month on the
Page Filed of the pivot table.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ok done that but still can't group by month, it is grouping by day's,

02-19-07 Total

02-21-07 Total

03-01-07 Total

03-05-07 Total

MESTRELLA29 wrote:

I have a Table wich has date fileds,
Date Order No. Qty Shipped
01-27-07
03-19-07
03-20-07

How do I go about to create a pivot table that groups this by month on the
Page Filed of the pivot table.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hey there. I'm looking to do the exact same thing. I tried reformatting
and/or parsing out the date (mid, etc), of course that doesn't work. I'm
hoping someone can assist. If not i'm not giving up and will post should i
arrive at a solution.

MESTRELLA29 wrote:

I have a Table wich has date fileds,
Date Order No. Qty Shipped
01-27-07
03-19-07
03-20-07

How do I go about to create a pivot table that groups this by month on the
Page Filed of the pivot table.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I finally had to modify the Source and put another coulum with this formula.

=IF(TEXT(J13),"mmm")

Where J13 is the cell were i have the date, this will return the value of
"Mar", "Apr"

MESTRELLA29 wrote:

I have a Table wich has date fileds,
Date Order No. Qty Shipped
01-27-07
03-19-07
03-20-07

How do I go about to create a pivot table that groups this by month on the
Page Filed of the pivot table.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you sure that formula does what you say? In fact, are you sure that the
formula is valid syntax for doing anything?

Did you perhaps mean to say =TEXT(J13,"mmm") ?
--
David Biddulph

MESTRELLA29 wrote:

I have a Table wich has date fileds,
Date Order No. Qty Shipped
01-27-07
03-19-07
03-20-07

How do I go about to create a pivot table that groups this by
month on the
Page Filed of the pivot table.

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I did this by creating the pivot table using the date as a row field. The
right click on the field heading, select Group and Outline, then group. You
should have an option list at the bottom of the Grouping window that allows
you to group by Seconds, Minutes, Hours, Months, Quarters and Years. You can
even select multiple options - like Month and Quarter.

The field has to be a valid date in order to work.

Lauri S.

"MESTRELLA29" wrote:

I have a Table wich has date fileds,
Date Order No. Qty Shipped