Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Suzanne Suzanne is offline

Default Convert date field to month in Pivot table

Hey there. I'm looking to do the exact same thing. I tried reformatting
and/or parsing out the date (mid, etc), of course that doesn't work. I'm
hoping someone can assist. If not i'm not giving up and will post should i
arrive at a solution.

"MESTRELLA29" wrote:

Ok done that but still can't group by month, it is grouping by day's,

02-19-07 Total

02-21-07 Total

03-01-07 Total

03-05-07 Total

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

I didn't suggest changing the data source.

MESTRELLA29 wrote:

Is there a way of doing this whitout changing the source data?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Put the date in a row field and then do the grouping.

Then drag that row field to the page field.

MESTRELLA29 wrote:

I have a Table wich has date fileds,
Date Order No. Qty Shipped
01-27-07
03-19-07
03-20-07

How do I go about to create a pivot table that groups this by month on the
Page Filed of the pivot table.

--

Dave Peterson

--