Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
John

Default Calculated Pivot table field on YTD £(subract Mar-feb)=month

My problem is that I what to show the months totals only with with row totals
and column totals for the YTD total.

I have data in the following manner.

Period, name, YTD income,
Jan, fred, 100
feb, fred, 150
Mar,fred, 300

if you use the sum option on the YTD income I get totals cummlativty for
each month, with row totals and column totals. In show data as "Normal".

ie

name,jan,feb,mar,total
Fred,100,150,300,550

My problem is that I what to show the months totals only with with row
totals and column totals for the YTD total.

ie
name,jan,feb,mar,total
Fred,100,50,150,350
total,100,50,150,350.

I use show data as"difference from" and get column total's but no row totals
for a YTD, is their a way of creating a calucated field to subtract this
month total form last months total and use "show data as" "Normal" to get the
totals?

Any help would be of benefit.

Thanks and Happy new Year!!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Roger Govier

Hi John

In your source data, enter another column D called Monthly
In D2 = IF(C2=C1,C2-C1,C2)
copy this formula down for the extent of your data.

Use Monthly as your data filed in the PT rather than YTD Income

--
Regards

Roger Govier