Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tom tom is offline

Default Remove filters

I'm trying to remove the little down arrow indicators in each column of my
sheet that I'm filtering. They won't go away! LOL

Below, I've copied the on-line instructions.

**************************

1. To remove a filter applied to one column in a range or a list, click the
arrow next to the column, and then click All.

2. To remove filters applied to all columns in a range or list, point to
Filter on the Data menu, and then click Show All.

3. To remove the filter arrows from a range or list, point to Filter on the
Data menu, and then click AutoFilter.

********************

I think I need to use number 3, above. But I can't select AutoFilter
because it is grayed out.

Suggestions, please?

--
Tom
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
bj bj is offline

maybe
The autofilter command is greyed out during calculation or when a cell is in
edit mode
check neither of thiese are the case

"Tom" wrote:

I'm trying to remove the little down arrow indicators in each column of my
sheet that I'm filtering. They won't go away! LOL

Below, I've copied the on-line instructions.

**************************

1. To remove a filter applied to one column in a range or a list, click the
arrow next to the column, and then click All.

2. To remove filters applied to all columns in a range or list, point to
Filter on the Data menu, and then click Show All.

3. To remove the filter arrows from a range or list, point to Filter on the
Data menu, and then click AutoFilter.

********************

I think I need to use number 3, above. But I can't select AutoFilter
because it is grayed out.

Suggestions, please?

--
Tom

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tom

Could be your sheet is protected under ToolsProtection. To unprotect you may
need a password.

Could be you have more than one sheet selected. Do you see [Group] behind the
filename in the Title Bar.

If so, right-click on any tab and "ungroup sheets".

First note which sheets are grouped...........what you have done to one has been
done to all(except filtering and sorting, which can't be done on grouped
sheets).

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 17 Mar 2007 13:28:08 -0700, Tom wrote:

I'm trying to remove the little down arrow indicators in each column of my
sheet that I'm filtering. They won't go away! LOL

Below, I've copied the on-line instructions.

**************************

1. To remove a filter applied to one column in a range or a list, click the
arrow next to the column, and then click All.

2. To remove filters applied to all columns in a range or list, point to
Filter on the Data menu, and then click Show All.

3. To remove the filter arrows from a range or list, point to Filter on the
Data menu, and then click AutoFilter.

********************

I think I need to use number 3, above. But I can't select AutoFilter
because it is grayed out.

Suggestions, please?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tom tom is offline

Thanks. It was the protection condition! I stumbled on my answer about two
minutes before I read your answer. Good info.....thanks, again.
--
Tom

"Gord Dibben" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Select the row which contains the arrow, and on the Data menu, point to
Filter, and then click AutoFilter.

Challa Prabhu