Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Using Filters

Hi I am using Excel 2000 and have filtered a list so my result shows for
example rows: 1 56 159 241 410 but when I copy and paste into a new
sheet I start in A1 to paste and the information goes into A1, A2, A3, A4,
A5. Is there anyway that I can get the pasted information to reflect the row
numbers from the previous sheet?

Many thanks
--
Kind regards

Ann Shaw
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Annie,

select the filtered range, press F5 click on Special button ans chose
"visible ceels only" (as my excel is on Braziliam Portuguese, maybe some
words are different)

copy and paste

hth
--
regards from Brazil
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

"Annie" escreveu:

Hi I am using Excel 2000 and have filtered a list so my result shows for
example rows: 1 56 159 241 410 but when I copy and paste into a new
sheet I start in A1 to paste and the information goes into A1, A2, A3, A4,
A5. Is there anyway that I can get the pasted information to reflect the row
numbers from the previous sheet?

Many thanks
--
Kind regards

Ann Shaw

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

When you paste the copied data, it goes into adjacent cells, and there's
no setting you can change to make it go into its original rows.

Perhaps you could add a new column to the list, and use the ROW function
to calculate the row. For example:

=ROW()

Then when you copy and paste the filtered data, the row number will be
included.

Annie wrote:
Hi I am using Excel 2000 and have filtered a list so my result shows for
example rows: 1 56 159 241 410 but when I copy and paste into a new
sheet I start in A1 to paste and the information goes into A1, A2, A3, A4,
A5. Is there anyway that I can get the pasted information to reflect the row
numbers from the previous sheet?

Many thanks

--
Debra Dalgleish