Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I copy only the unhidden rows/colums?

Whenever I have to hide several rows/columns, I inevitably need to paste the
remaining unhidden rows/columns somewhere else. But when I highlight the
unhidden data and paste, it pastes all of the hidden data as well. How do I
copy and paste only the unhidden data?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are you pasting within the same instance of Excel?

Select the range to copy
edit|goto|special
visible cells only

Copy that selection and paste elsewhere.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

For this type of function, I typically use an Advanced Filter to copy the
data that I need to a new location.

For more information on Filters:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ex...anced%20Filter

Deanna