Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to print noncontiguous ranges?

Is there a way to set the print area to noncontinguous ranges in such
a way that they print contiguously on the same page?

For example, consider the situation where I want A1:C10, H1:M10 and
P1:R10 to print one page as if the 12 columns were contiguous.

When I select 3 noncontiguous ranges, select File - Print Area - Set
Print Area, then click on Print Preview, each range appears on its own
page. I have not been successful at moving or removing the page
boundaries so that the ranges are on one page.

Since the specific situation does involve skipping columns, I can work
around this by hiding the columns that should not print. But before I
go to that trouble, I want to know if I am overlooking a better
solution.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hiding the columns seems the most straightforward to me.

Another option if you have to do it lots of times and find hiding/showing the
columns too much of a pain:

Add a new sheet -- it'll be the one that's printed.

Select the first set of cells to print
edit|Copy
select A1 of Sheet2 (the new sheet)
Shift-edit|Paste picture link

Then off to the second set of cells
edit|copy
select the cell under (or adjacent to) the picture of the first table.
shift-edit|Paste picture link

And once more for the next set of cells....

By pasting the pictures as links, any updates you make to the table will show up
in the picture.

--

Dave Peterson