Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need help getting pictures to stick!

I am working with office 2003, windows 2000 and Lotus 6.5. We use databases
in Lotus to share and edit spreadsheets. I create excel spreadsheets as
objects within the database, and whoever has access can edit and save
changes. This all worked fine until I decided pictures/graphics might be a
nice addition.

I can add pictures to the custom header and resize them and make everything
look great. But when I save back to Lotus, the pictures go away. I have
tried using *.jpg, *.bmp, *.gif formats. I went to the tools option to allow
*.png, but I can't manage to save any pictures as *.png.

If I create the pictures in the excel spreadsheet custom header, I can save
the document to my hard drive and the pictures stick. I tried creating THAT
sheet as an object back into lotus, but the pictures go away again. Darn!

It's probably a lotus limitation that I will not be able to get around. And
no, I don't really NEED the pictures. But now it's kind of a challenge to
make it work. Any suggestions?

Also, I'm just a simple user, so I may not have authority to make too many
setting changes. But I could always ask the helpdesk if it is something they
could/would do for me. Thanks for any feedback.