Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Count occurances within a date range

Hello -

I need to find the number of times a name occurs between two dates. Below
is a portion of my spreadsheet.

end begin 1/21/2006 1/28/2006 2/4/2006 2/11/2006
1/20/07 1/28/06 Name Name
1/27/07 1/28/06

The week ending dates continue across the top. I need to find out how many
week a person worked between the begin and end dates. Each record can have a
different beginning/ending date.

I hope I've given enough detail for someone to be able to answer my
question. I appreciate any time/help that the group can give.

Marc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Wow Bob that was a fast response. The name is the manager's name of the
store for each payroll week. I'm trying to figure ownership during the time
period. If the manager is new and doesn't meet the minimum % of ownership,
he is not included in the program.

Does that help?

Marc

"Marc" wrote in message
Hello -

I need to find the number of times a name occurs between two dates. Below
is a portion of my spreadsheet.

end begin 1/21/2006 1/28/2006 2/4/2006 2/11/2006
1/20/07 1/28/06 Name Name
1/27/07 1/28/06

The week ending dates continue across the top. I need to find out how
many
week a person worked between the begin and end dates. Each record can
have a
different beginning/ending date.

I hope I've given enough detail for someone to be able to answer my
question. I appreciate any time/help that the group can give.

Marc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you are just trying to count how many times this person's "name" appears
in a range, use Countif. If you want to see how many times Mike's name
appears, use the following:

=COUNTIF(B1:H1,"Mike")

"Marc" wrote:

Hello -

I need to find the number of times a name occurs between two dates. Below
is a portion of my spreadsheet.

end begin 1/21/2006 1/28/2006 2/4/2006 2/11/2006
1/20/07 1/28/06 Name Name
1/27/07 1/28/06

The week ending dates continue across the top. I need to find out how many
week a person worked between the begin and end dates. Each record can have a
different beginning/ending date.

I hope I've given enough detail for someone to be able to answer my
question. I appreciate any time/help that the group can give.

Marc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi -

I now how to use count if, but I only want to count if the name appears
between a date range which is listed in column A and B.

"Marc" wrote:

Hello -

I need to find the number of times a name occurs between two dates. Below
is a portion of my spreadsheet.

end begin 1/21/2006 1/28/2006 2/4/2006 2/11/2006
1/20/07 1/28/06 Name Name
1/27/07 1/28/06

The week ending dates continue across the top. I need to find out how many
week a person worked between the begin and end dates. Each record can have a
different beginning/ending date.

I hope I've given enough detail for someone to be able to answer my
question. I appreciate any time/help that the group can give.

Marc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Not really.

I see two dates in column a and B which I assume are the between dates. I
then see two names in C and D. Why two, and how would I calculate, in your
words, number of times a name occurs between two dates. In other words, what
is the relationship between those 2 dates, the names, and the list of weekly
dates in row 1?

--
---
HTH

Bob

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Not fully clear. Why are there two names in row 2.

Could you work an example?

--
---
HTH

Bob

addy)

"Marc" wrote in message
Hello -

I need to find the number of times a name occurs between two dates.
Below
is a portion of my spreadsheet.

end begin 1/21/2006 1/28/2006 2/4/2006 2/11/2006
1/20/07 1/28/06 Name Name
1/27/07 1/28/06

The week ending dates continue across the top. I need to find out how
many
week a person worked between the begin and end dates. Each record can
have a
different beginning/ending date.

I hope I've given enough detail for someone to be able to answer my
question. I appreciate any time/help that the group can give.

Marc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Bob -

The weekly dates in row 1 are week ending dates for a year. The time period
I want to test is the time between column A date and column B date.

I want to count the number of occurances that a name appears between the
beginning and ending dates (column A and B).

I can email you a sample of my file it that would be ok with you.

Marc