Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default why does excel not recognise row 1 as a header row when sorting?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I think that it is because Excel does not *see* the row as a header. Try
formatting the heder row to be fifferent to the data.

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

with @tiscali.co.uk

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

"Sandy Mann" wrote in message
I think that it is because Excel does not *see* the row as a header. Try
formatting the heder row to be fifferent to the data.

The sort dialog box contains an option to tell Excel whether or not to
include the header in the sort.