Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default Inserting time inside cell

I use Office 2003 Excel Win XP

Can someone tell me how to insert time: hours, minutes and seconds inside a
cell?

sn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newusers

hi,
hh:mm:ss or 12:12:12
also see Formatcellsnumber tab. scroll down left to custom. scroll down
right to see other formats.
regards
FSt1

"Sachi Noma" wrote:

I use Office 2003 Excel Win XP

Can someone tell me how to insert time: hours, minutes and seconds inside a
cell?

sn

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Sachi,

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but if you
hit ctrl+; in a cell it will put the current date in that cell,
if you hit ctrl+shift+: it will put the current time in that cell.

HTH
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

And if you hit CTRL + :<spaceCTRL + SHIFT + ; then ENTER you get both date and
time.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sun, 4 Mar 2007 21:00:50 +1000, "MartinW" wrote:

Hi Sachi,

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but if you
hit ctrl+; in a cell it will put the current date in that cell,
if you hit ctrl+shift+: it will put the current time in that cell.

HTH
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hello Everyone

Thank you kindly for the tips.

I am able to insert time (hours and mintues) however I also want to insert
the seconds as well, which I cannot seem to do.

sn

"MartinW" wrote in message
Hi Sachi,

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but if you
hit ctrl+; in a cell it will put the current date in that cell,
if you hit ctrl+shift+: it will put the current time in that cell.

HTH
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newusers

The CTRL + SHIFT + ; will not enter the seconds in the cell as you have found.

For that I use a small macro.

Sub NOWTIME()
ActiveCell.Value = Format(Now(), "h:mm:ss AM/PM")
End Sub

You can have this on a button or shortcut key combo.

Gord

"MartinW" wrote in message
Hi Sachi,

Not sure if this is what you are looking for but if you
hit ctrl+; in a cell it will put the current date in that cell,
if you hit ctrl+shift+: it will put the current time in that cell.

HTH
Martin

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hello Gord

Thank you.

I assume without a customized macro, Excel does not have a method to insert
"seconds".

sn from Japan