LostintheJungle

Default Loosing My Pivot Tables during SAVE AS

Hey - I'm doing some Save As stuff with a file that has a pivot table
(using 2003). The pivot table, which is on one worksheet, is using data
from a query that is on another worksheet in the file. I take the
original file and "save as" the new file. Then, the next time I bring
up the "saved as" file, I get a can't open error, the file then opens
and I get a message that say's the pivot table has been eliminated, and
as it says, thought the formatting is as if it was still there, I cannot
refresh the pivot table, because it really is "gone."

Any ideas?

--
LostintheJungle
LostintheJungle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=19981

CyberTaz

HiYa Lost-

Based on the info you supplied, it sounds like the "can't open" message is
referring to the data source of your query. Since the data can't be accessed,
the pivot table has nothing to work with.

Has anything changed about the source file (name, location, access
priveledges)?

If all is okay there, look at ToolsOptionsCalculation to see if there is a
check in the box for "Save external link values". Turn that ON if necessary.
Otherwise the data gets read into your file via a link which evaporates along
with the data when you close the file. If you did not specify saving the
query, itself, the file can't refresh the data-read.

Hope this helps out |:)