Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Links to jpg files

I have a spreadsheet with an list of items for which I have a corresponging
jpg file. I would like to somehow link place a link in the spreadsheet for
the user to click on to see the picture. I used hyperlinks to link to the
pictures but where I run into problems is when I email the file to someone
else and they don't have access to the file of jpg's that I used. So
basically I'd like to know is how to set it up so the spreadsheet can be
emailed along with the jpg files.

Thanks,
Marta
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I would experiment by zipping the Excel and JPEG files, and sending the ZIP
file by email
best wishes
--
Bernard V Liengme
www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme

"Marta" wrote in message
I have a spreadsheet with an list of items for which I have a corresponging
jpg file. I would like to somehow link place a link in the spreadsheet
for
the user to click on to see the picture. I used hyperlinks to link to the
pictures but where I run into problems is when I email the file to someone
else and they don't have access to the file of jpg's that I used. So
basically I'd like to know is how to set it up so the spreadsheet can be
emailed along with the jpg files.

Thanks,
Marta

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Marta

You can insert the jpg's into the workbook on an otherwise blank sheet.

Spread them out so's they will be visible as single pictures.

Select a cell behind each picture and give that cell a name.

Make hyperlinks to these named ranges from your list sheet.

Alternative see JE McGimpsey's site for DV list selection and VLOOKUP to return
the jpg based on cell value.

http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/lookuppics.html

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP