Eric

Default Links to other files

I have approximately 100 spreadsheets that have the prices for items that are
linked to a master price list. Each spread sheet is set to allow you to open
it without updating the links. The spread sheet will show if there has been
any change to the price. If the spread sheet is opened without updating the
links the price doesn't change.

This configuration worked for 10 months without problems. Now if I open one
spread sheet without updating the links the pricing doesn't change but if I
open a second spread sheet (they are identical other than job specific
information) without updating the links the prices are automatically being
updated in the first spread sheet. Any ideas as to why the links are
updating automatically even though it's configured to not update?
Dave Peterson

In xl2002+, you can specify how links should be handled per workbook.

Maybe one workbook has this setting turned on and the other turned off.

Edit|links|Startup prompt

===
and you're absolutely positive that those links still point at the closed master
workbook. If they point a workbook that's already opened, then they'll update.

--

Dave Peterson