Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Data Entry Form

I want to create a data entry form that will put the new data at the end of a
list. The form would include first and last names, and few dates. Any ideas
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Brian

Excel already has a data form under DataForm.

New entries are placed at the end of a list.

Basics..................

1. Type labels in A1:C1 First, Last, Date

2. Select A1 and DataForm. Click OK when asked if you want to use row 1 as
labels.

Start entering data.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007 12:20:08 -0800, Brian T
wrote:

I want to create a data entry form that will put the new data at the end of a
list. The form would include first and last names, and few dates. Any ideas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can add as many more rows as you want without dismissing that dialog. But
if you close that dialog, then decide you want to add more, you'll have to
reshow the dialog.

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks for jumping in.

Some other part of my life intruded on my time.

You didn't know I had a "some other part" did you<g

wrote:

I want to create a data entry form that will put the new data at the end of a
list. The form would include first and last names, and few dates. Any ideas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Maybe...

ShowDataForm Method Fails If Data Can't Be Found

You can use code like this if you know (or can determine) the range:

Option Explicit
Sub testme01()
Dim LastRow as Long
Application.DisplayAlerts = False
With activesheet
lastrow = .cells(.rows.count,"A").end(xlup).row
.Range("A4:x" & lastrow).Name = "'" & .Name & "'!database"
.ShowDataForm
End With
Application.DisplayAlerts = True
End Sub

I started in A4 until the last used row in column A, then extended it to columns
A:X of those rows.