Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Multiplying seconds by cost

I would like to work out a formula to multiply the result of an equation
(10.00.30 - 10.00.00 in hh:mm:ss) by an amount of money. I am calculating
archive costs so I need to know what the amount of archive is by subtracting
the end time code from the beginning, and then multiplying by the cost per
second.

Thanks,

Monique
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If the time difference is in A1 and the cost per second is in B1, then:

=A1*24*60*60*B1

will convert into integer seconds and then apply the cost.
--
Gary's Student
gsnu200708

"MoniqueT" wrote:

I would like to work out a formula to multiply the result of an equation
(10.00.30 - 10.00.00 in hh:mm:ss) by an amount of money. I am calculating
archive costs so I need to know what the amount of archive is by subtracting
the end time code from the beginning, and then multiplying by the cost per
second.

Thanks,

Monique

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If your times really are in XL times like 10:00:30 then try:

=(B1-A1)*24*60*60*F1
where the rate is in F1

or by doing the multiplication:

=(B1-A1)*86400*F1