Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default colour description boxes

I posted this under general office questions yesterday but got no response so
I hope someone on this forum may be able to assist.

My colleague (who has limited vision) has just begun using a new computer.
However, when I hover my cursor over a fill colour it will give me the 'name'
of the colour, but this is not happening with her new computer. Any idea how
to make it do this?! With her limited vision she relies on the name of the
colour rather than the appearance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Kate,

Go to ToolsCustomize and select the Options tab. On there you should see a
checkbox 'Show Screentips on toolbars'. Make sure that that box is checked.

--
---
HTH

Bob

"KateB" wrote in message
I posted this under general office questions yesterday but got no response
so
I hope someone on this forum may be able to assist.

My colleague (who has limited vision) has just begun using a new computer.
However, when I hover my cursor over a fill colour it will give me the
'name'
of the colour, but this is not happening with her new computer. Any idea
how
to make it do this?! With her limited vision she relies on the name of
the
colour rather than the appearance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In addition...
my "Determine Colors" Excel add-in is available upon direct request.
It displays the name of the cell interior, pattern, font, border and
sheet tab colors on the cell right-click popup menu.
Remove xxx from my email address: XX
Please include your name and location when requesting the program.
--
Jim Cone
San Francisco, USA

"KateB"
wrote in message
I posted this under general office questions yesterday but got no response so
I hope someone on this forum may be able to assist.

My colleague (who has limited vision) has just begun using a new computer.
However, when I hover my cursor over a fill colour it will give me the 'name'
of the colour, but this is not happening with her new computer. Any idea how
to make it do this?! With her limited vision she relies on the name of the
colour rather than the appearance.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bob,
No it does not.
I have never done any speech programming.
In fact, I removed the speech option from my machine because it was
continually trying to install itself.
However, adding speech capability to the program is an interesting concept,
but since the program has gotten no response (none) from any user,
I doubt if I will put in more work in it.

Peter Thornton and I, are now probably the worlds leading experts on
conditionally formatted cell borders, because of that program. <g
Developing it was fun and frustrating and aggravating - don't go there.
Regards,
Jim Cone

"Bob Phillips"
wrote in message