Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Percentage Increase Between 2 Percentages

Here's a scenario:

Week 1
Visits to store = 100
Purchases = 1
Purchase rate = 1%

Week 2
Visits to store = 200
Purchases = 4
Purchase rate = 2%

Here's the question:
What is the increase in my purchase rate?

Is it 1%? Is it 100%?

Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If its simply a matter of purchases per Customer then its a 100% increse. i.e
for week 2 you had 2 sales per 100 Customers through the door compared to 1
in week 1 which is double.

Mike

" wrote:

Here's a scenario:

Week 1
Visits to store = 100
Purchases = 1
Purchase rate = 1%

Week 2
Visits to store = 200
Purchases = 4
Purchase rate = 2%

Here's the question:
What is the increase in my purchase rate?

Is it 1%? Is it 100%?

Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sorry I meant to add that the British government may not agree with my
analysis. Recently the rate of national insurance (a tax) was increased from
10% to 11% which the government helpfully explained (wrongly) was a 1% and
not a 10%increase but that's just taxes!!

" wrote:

Here's a scenario:

Week 1
Visits to store = 100
Purchases = 1
Purchase rate = 1%

Week 2
Visits to store = 200
Purchases = 4
Purchase rate = 2%

Here's the question:
What is the increase in my purchase rate?

Is it 1%? Is it 100%?

Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

It's both. Which one you want depends on what you're trying to examine.

The absolute increase in rate is 1%

=2%-1%

The relative increase in rate is 100%

=2%/1%-1

In article .com,
wrote:

Here's a scenario:

Week 1
Visits to store = 100
Purchases = 1
Purchase rate = 1%

Week 2
Visits to store = 200
Purchases = 4
Purchase rate = 2%

Here's the question:
What is the increase in my purchase rate?

Is it 1%? Is it 100%?

Thanks for your help!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

" wrote:
Here's a scenario:

Week 1
Visits to store = 100
Purchases = 1
Purchase rate = 1%

Week 2
Visits to store = 200
Purchases = 4
Purchase rate = 2%

Here's the question:
What is the increase in my purchase rate?

Is it 1%? Is it 100%?

Thanks for your help!- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for your help, Mike!