TRINI

Default Increase by percentages

How do I increase numbers in a range of cells by a percentage amount. For
instance I have a price list on a spreadsheet and I want to increase each
price by 8%. How do I do this? I am using Excel 2003.
JE McGimpsey

One way:

Enter 1.08 in a blank cell. Copy the cell. Select your range. Choose
Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values and Multiply radio buttons.

In article ,
"TRINI" wrote:

How do I increase numbers in a range of cells by a percentage amount. For
instance I have a price list on a spreadsheet and I want to increase each
price by 8%. How do I do this? I am using Excel 2003.

RagDyeR

One way:

Select an unused cell and enter 1.08
Right click and choose "Copy"

Select the cells you wish to increase,
Right click in that selection and choose "Paste Special",
Click on "Multiply", then <OK, then <Esc.
And you're done!

However, if your price list is formatted to $ or any other format, you could
format the cell containing the 1.08 *before* copying, so as not to remove
the already existing format in the cells to be incremented.
--

HTH,

RD

"TRINI" wrote in message
How do I increase numbers in a range of cells by a percentage amount. For
instance I have a price list on a spreadsheet and I want to increase each
price by 8%. How do I do this? I am using Excel 2003.

Ray A

One way
In a helper cell type 1.08 copy and highlight range Editpaste
specialmultiply
HTH

"TRINI" wrote:

How do I increase numbers in a range of cells by a percentage amount. For
instance I have a price list on a spreadsheet and I want to increase each
price by 8%. How do I do this? I am using Excel 2003.

RagDyeR

Appreciate the feed-back.

RD