Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I make my list name for drop down box conditional on user e

I want a different list referenced for my drop down box when it is employee
103 filling out a form versus employee 105. Employee number is entered by the
user. I tried making the reference equal to a cell name that has the list
name based on the employee's input, but that did not work. Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You can't name a range with a number, so you could name the ranges
Emp105 and Emp103

Then, in the dependent data validation list, use the formula:
=INDIRECT("Emp"&B3)

where cell B3 contains the employee number.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures