Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default after i send a file to print, how do i cancel it

i sent a file to print before i could customize it. and it started to print,
this has happen to me before and the printer keeps printing until it runs out
of paper. all i want to do is stop the print.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If it's a local printer (connected to your pc), then you could open the printer
(via windows start button|control panel|Printers and faxes.

Then double click on your printer
And then select the job you want to print
and rightclick on the job you want to stop and choose Cancel.

You may want to turn the printer off.

If you're using a network printer, then the job may have already been sent to a
network printer spool--so you won't see it in your printer's list of jobs.

When we had someone print a phonebook in error, we would turn the printer off
and call the helpdesk and ask that the printer queue be deleted.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Found this tidbit over in winxp.general news group.

Haven't tried it myself but others have said it works.

Open notepad and copy and paste this to it.

@echo off
net stop "print spooler"
del /q "%SystemRoot%\system32\spool\PRINTERS\*.*"
net start "print spooler"
ping localhost -n 5 nul

Save it and close notepad,next rename the file to.

Kill Print Job.bat

The next time your printer hangs at deleting a print job just double click
on this batch file.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP