Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Can't double-click a spreadsheet to open?

Have a user who can open files in Excel 2007 but not by double-clicking them
in Windows Explorer... Using XP Pro SP2. Any ideas much appreciated!
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Actually, more info (may be an Outlook thing...)
a) I click an e-mail that has an Excel attachment
b) I select the Excel file that I want to open
c) The €śOpening Mail Attachment€ť dialog box opens (and I am then given a
choice of open, save, or cancel)
d) I select open
e) Excel opens to a €śblack€ť ground €“ nothing else is on the screen --- nothing
f) I then go up to the upper left-hand side of the screen €śthe pretty
Microsoft logo€ť and click
g) The €śOpen Dialog box opens€ť to my documents
h) I the €śOpen Dialog box€ť
i) And then the file opens