Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stacy

Default Double Click will not open my Workbook

When I double click on an Excel workbook in My documents, it will not launch
Excel. It doesn't give me an error message or anything, it just does nothing.
Any Ideas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Dave Peterson

Sometimes one of these works when you're having trouble with double clicking on
the file in windows explorer:

Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it)

--- or ---

Close Excel and
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /unregserver
then
Windows Start Button|Run
excel /regserver

factory defaults.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Manoj

Windows file association would have gone off for some reason. Shift+right
click on the file and select the option "open with" and select Excel and set
it as the default. See if this works.

"Stacy" wrote:

When I double click on an Excel workbook in My documents, it will not launch
Excel. It doesn't give me an error message or anything, it just does nothing.
Any Ideas

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Richard O. Neville

In case the mouse is faulty, try selecting it in My docs with the arrow
keys, then hit Enter. If this doesn't work, go to Excel and open it through
File-Open or Ctrl+O.