Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How to remove macro saved on excel folder

Hello,
How do I remove macro under the following path: Personal.xls then the macro
name?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Jurassien,

If the macro is in the Personal.xls workbook you'll have to unhide it first. Window -
Unhide. Now use Tools - Macro - Macros, and go from there.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"Jurassien" wrote in message
Hello,
How do I remove macro under the following path: Personal.xls then the macro
name?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I am still having trouble removing the macro in question. Is there any
option that can help remove this macro from the VBA project File? because I
can see the project file Name ( aaa.xls) and I want to delete it, but I can't.

Thanks,

"Jurassien" wrote in message
Hello,
How do I remove macro under the following path: Personal.xls then the macro
name?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Expand aaa.xls by clicking on the "+" sign.

Double-click on a module and EditFind for a reference to Personal.xls

Delete that reference.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Jurassien" wrote in message
Hello,
How do I remove macro under the following path: Personal.xls then the macro
name?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
It seems like there is no way to delete any VBA project file (i.e. aaa.xls)
once it is created. I have already got rid of the module, but I still have
this project file listed and anytime I start excel, "Microsoft Excel - aaa
pops up.

Thanks,

"Jurassien" wrote in message
Hello,
How do I remove macro under the following path: Personal.xls then the macro
name?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do a search for aaa.xls on your computer.

Probably find it in one of your XLSTART folders.

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

would be my guess.

Remove it from that folder.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP