-   -   How to remove macro saved on excel folder (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/131353-how-remove-macro-saved-excel-folder.html)

Jurassien

How to remove macro saved on excel folder

Hello,
How do I remove macro under the following path: Personal.xls then the macro
name?

Thanks,

Earl Kiosterud

How to remove macro saved on excel folder

Jurassien,

If the macro is in the Personal.xls workbook you'll have to unhide it first. Window -
Unhide. Now use Tools - Macro - Macros, and go from there.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com
"Jurassien" wrote in message
Hello,
How do I remove macro under the following path: Personal.xls then the macro
name?

Thanks,

Jurassien

How to remove macro saved on excel folder

I am still having trouble removing the macro in question. Is there any
option that can help remove this macro from the VBA project File? because I
can see the project file Name ( aaa.xls) and I want to delete it, but I can't.

Thanks,

"Jurassien" wrote in message
Hello,
How do I remove macro under the following path: Personal.xls then the macro
name?

Thanks,

Gord Dibben

How to remove macro saved on excel folder

Expand aaa.xls by clicking on the "+" sign.

Double-click on a module and EditFind for a reference to Personal.xls

Delete that reference.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Jurassien" wrote in message
Hello,
How do I remove macro under the following path: Personal.xls then the macro
name?

Thanks,

Jurassien

How to remove macro saved on excel folder

Hi,
It seems like there is no way to delete any VBA project file (i.e. aaa.xls)
once it is created. I have already got rid of the module, but I still have
this project file listed and anytime I start excel, "Microsoft Excel - aaa
pops up.

Thanks,

"Jurassien" wrote in message
Hello,
How do I remove macro under the following path: Personal.xls then the macro
name?

Thanks,

Gord Dibben

How to remove macro saved on excel folder

Do a search for aaa.xls on your computer.

Probably find it in one of your XLSTART folders.

C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\XLSTART

would be my guess.

Remove it from that folder.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP