Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 add-ins

Excel 2007 did not load my previously installed add-ins when I installed it.
When I went to install Analysis Toolpak using Excel options/ Add-ins, it
causes Excel to crash. I have run Diagnostics with no problems found, I then
ran repair utility and also uninstalled Excel and reinstalled. Still crashes
Excel. Is there a possibility the installation has corrupted the registry?
Any ideas welcome.
--
Thank you
David
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi David

Analysis Toolpak is a built in feature in XL2007 and does not need to be
added as an add-in.
It does sound as though this may be a bug if you try to add it again.

Just try running XL2007 without trying to add it and you will find all
the features you want are there and available.

--
Regards

Roger Govier

"David" wrote in message
Excel 2007 did not load my previously installed add-ins when I
installed it.
When I went to install Analysis Toolpak using Excel options/ Add-ins,
it
causes Excel to crash. I have run Diagnostics with no problems found,
I then
ran repair utility and also uninstalled Excel and reinstalled. Still
crashes
Excel. Is there a possibility the installation has corrupted the
registry?
Any ideas welcome.
--
Thank you
David

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The worksheet functions from the Analysis Toolpak have been incorporated
into Excel 2007, but the various data analysis tools still reside in an
add-in. I have not yet used the 2007 version, but I've heard about similar
problems.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP